Re: Access and query TF - actions for WG

Luc Moreau wrote:
> Hi Graham,
> Thanks for your comments. You didn't respond to this point, I think:
>
>  >What is provenance-uri? is it unique? is provenance found at one and
> only one place? is there one and only one authority to provide
> provenance information about something?

I thought I did, but if I did I was clearly not clear enough.  A provenance URI
is a URI that is used to identify the provenance of some resource.

Comments:
- it may or may not be dereferencable (preferred web style is that it is
dereferencable, but that's not a requirement of being a provenance URI).
- it is not unique - there may be several such URIs for a resource (but,
presumably, the publisher of a resource may have a preferred such URI)
- therefore, there may be several sources for provenance about a resource, but
the general issue of which is to be considered an "authority" is dependent on
context that I submit is outside the scope of the working group.

I think this covers the scenarios to which you allude below.