Re: PROV-ISSUE-40 (recommended-roles): Roles should not be SHOULD and not MUST [Conceptual Model]

I believe there is a difference between a conceptual model and its
encoding in
a specific data/knowledge format.

In my view, it is reasonable to require the presence of a role in a
conceptual model.
A given notation, say RDF, may provide "abbreviations", which allow for
the role not
to be expressed. This notation will have an explanation that absence of
a role corresponds
to the role  "unspecified".

So, I believe that the conceptual model should define distinguished
roles, e.g. unspecified.

BTW, the file note.txt in the repository also suggested other roles

Luc