Re: simon:entity (or Identifiable)

Actually, this drives to the crux of my point, which is that I do not
believe we can be more precise.  "What can be identified"--whether it is
stuff, stuff states, or something else--is not something our model may
prescribe.  It is something prescribed only by the authority allocating
the identifier within some identification scheme.  There are infinite
authorities and infinite identification schemes.   Our model could
therefore prescribe only arbitrary bounds for "what can be identified."

I understand the need for properties to describe the provenance.  Can we
not define such properties on the intermediary concepts?  I.e., on
concept:ProcessExecution/concept:Agent or concept:IVPof?

If we're interested in describing a history (Jim's case #1 from a later
thread) or a transformation (Jim's case #2), let us make assertions
describing the change or transformation, not assertions about the things
themselves.  The latter has already been done for us by the authority
allocating the identifier.

--R