Re: Models and their use

Hi Simon,

After spending an hour on the phone with you, I think that I am beginning
to understand what your proposalS (plural intentional!) are.
I would therefore echo some of the sentiment expressed by Paul.

This thread of discussion is difficult to follow for a number of reasons:

- first it *changes* the wording we had adopted at the F2F meeting.
   I appreciate the word BOB is not intuitive, but at least it was agreed
   it was a placeholder for now, until we gain better understanding

- second, it drops some term we used old:stuff/new:entity
   It's particularly annoying because some of the definition referred to
them,
   and we can't see how they were transformed.

- finally, part of the discussion thread seems to have been private, which
    really doesn't help.

All this makes it really hard to relate what you propose to where we were
at in Boston.

I see at least the following separate proposals/issues in your email:
- entity vs entity state
- conceptual model or data model/ representation or not
- a proposal for dropping old:stuff/new:entity
- a proposal for replacing BOB by simon:entity
- a proposal for simon:ivpOf

Instead of conflating all issues together, would it be possible to
expose them
separately, ideally in separate emails/issues?  Then, we will be able to
have
a structured debate on your proposals.

Regards,
Luc