Re: ISSUE-28: We need a mechanism to assert two entity states refer to the same entity

I also think the word "state" is unfortunate.  What I think we are trying to
describe is what might be called a "projection" of some entity into a
constrained context, within which some statements hold true that don't hold true
for all possible conditions of the original entity.

The word "state" implies something distinct from the entity itself, which I
think is wrong.  For a static entity, it could be used without projection as the
basis of provenance data.  So I'd cast around for a phrase that doesn't carry
such connotation.

If the original thing is called an "Entity", maybe:

   Contextualized entitiy
   Constrained entity (I think this has unfortunate connotations)
   Entity view
   View
   Condition  (as in "in condition of readiness") (hmmm... could be confusing)
   Perspective
   Projection (arguably a bit mathematical in its origin)
   etc.

Looking ahead to specific modelling, I think that, whatever we call it, the
contextualized entity should be based on the same type as the original, so if
the original is (say) an owl:Thing, the contextualized entioty about which
provanenance information is provided would also be an owl:Thing (that example is
a bit tautological, but I hope the intent is discernable).  The two could be
related by a property; e.g.

    A isContextualizedViewOf B

which would be reflexive, i.e.

    A isContectualizedViewOf A

would always be true of an entity about which we might want to make some
provenance-related description.

Then, so say two view relate to the same underlying entity, we could have:

    A isContextualizedViewOf B
    C isContextualizedViewOf B