Re: PROV-ISSUE-196: Section 5.3.4 (PROV-DM as on Dec 5)

Hi Satya,

On 12/07/2011 02:15 AM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> PROV-ISSUE-196: Section 5.3.4 (PROV-DM as on Dec 5)

> Raised by: Satya Sahoo
> On product:
>
> Hi,
> The following are my comments for Section 5.3.4 of the PROV-DM (as on Dec 5):
>
> Section 5.3.4:
> 1. "See Section Note for a discussion of the difference between note attributes and other records attributes."
>
> Comment: As discussed earlier, the current description does not clarify the distinction between note and other other record attributes.
>
> 2. "..that the icon (an application specific way of rendering provenance) is doc.png." and "note(n2,[ex:style="dotted"])"
>
> Comment: It is not clear why the above two attribute-value pairs cannot be part of the entity and used records respectively. What is the extra information being captured by creating a separate note record?

For instance, a document was generated e.g. in 2010.
In 2011, I query and visualize its provenance.
I republish the provenance, with visualization annotations, so that
others can visualize it the way I did.

The visualization attributes ex:style/ex:icon are not attributes of the
document produced in 2010.

Luc