Re: [E] Re: HTTP State Tokens

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021, 10:14 AM George Fletcher <
george.fletcher@verizonmedia.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks so much for the response! I found the ability for the user agent to
> generate a signature for the state tokens very intriguing. Is there any
> chance we could add that feature to existing cookies via some mechanism?
> Maybe an attribute for a "set-cookie" response header?
>
> Thoughts?

George: I'm curious to hear about the threat model you're trying to solve
for. Mike's proposal speculates that the signing key could potentially help
mitigate attacks possible via token theft, but leaves open the possibility
that the design could be improved upon.