Re: Fwd (TAG): Draft finding - "Transitioning the Web to HTTPS"

Hi Marc!
Great appreciated for the work!

I've noticed the sentence here:

The app itself should be signed to ensure an MITM attacker cannot tamper
with the application itself before it’s installed/downloaded/run.

And here:

This method specifically avoids intentionally insecure cryptographic API
built in the browser.

If the app (browser) is not trusted, especially for its cryptographic
API, then the signature means nothing to verify.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it