Re: Question over studies of user choice re privacy/security and retention

Harry,
We have done studies related to users's choices for smartphone apps. We found that people change their mind once they understand the kind of data that is accessed [1], [2].

You might also want to check some of Adrienne Porter Felt, Lorrie Cranor (nudges), Acquisti and Jennifer Goldbeck' s research since they are also relevant.

I hope it helps.

Ilaria

[1] Shih F., Liccardi I., Weitzenr D.J., Privacy Tipping Points in Smartphones Privacy Preferences, ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2015 (CHI) pp. 807-816.
[2] Liccardi I., Pato J., Abelson H., Weitzner D. J., de Roure D., No technical understanding required: Helping users make informed choices about access to their personal data, ACM 11th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (Mobiquitous), pp. 140-150