Re: Privacy protection principles

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 8:03 , Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joe@cdt.org> wrote:
>
> (waits for David Singer to chime in on the vagaries of PII, personal
> information, personal data, etc.)

LOL.

Somewhere I picked up the acronym PDI — Personally Derived Information — and I kinda like it. Given enough information deriving from a personal interaction, you end up knowing something about a person, and they can become identifiable.

> It might be time to have some loya jirga (big discussion) to
> standardize or describe these terms for use in w3c? At CDT we tend to
> default to -- what I associate with European data protection
> regulation -- "personal data".
>
> Will be great to see many of you next week!

Very much looking forward to it.  Travel safely!

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.