PING @ IETF 94 - some takeaways

From: Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 00:43:02 +0000
Many thanks to PING members and friends for joining our informal meeting last Thursday (5 November 2015) alongside IETF 94.

Some takeaways =>

* We need to progress the work on the PING privacy questionnaire [1], which would complement and supplement the draft Self-Review Questionnaire: Security and Privacy [2], and move to call for PING consensus to publish the document as a Working Draft Interest Group Note.

Please provide input on the draft.

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy_and_security_questionnaire
[2] https://w3ctag.github.io/security-questionnaire/

* Some potential new W3C work

The W3C is exploring two distinct areas of potential new work:

Web Authentication: https://w3c.github.io/websec/web-authentication-charter

Hardware-Based Security: https://w3c.github.io/websec/hasec-charter

* PING should take a close look at the privacy implications of:

Geofencing API: http://www.w3.org/TR/geofencing/
Service Workers: http://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers/
The Permissions API: http://www.w3.org/TR/permissions/

Please review and provide comments.