Re: Fingerprinting guidance update; responding to feedback, Note publication?

It would be great to start the process to publish this as a draft PING
note! The new changes look awesome, Nick.

There are still some outstanding things in the document; those are ok for a
draft note or do we need to try to close them out before we publish?

The note in 1.2.1 seems to be dealt with by adding a blurb about how this
is not distinct from unexpected correlation (although why 1.2.2 is not
enough, I don't know) and clarifying that this practice can result in
collapsing pseudonymous identities into linked personas or something like
that.

We should definitely reach out to the HTML WG to ask if the fingerprint
warning indicia has been useful or helpful.

I don't think I understand ISSUE 1... can we say anything about best
practices across UA implementations that might require cooperation outside
of the spec?

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Chief Technologist