subresource integrity (was Re: PING call)

On May 18, 2015, at 5:20 AM, Kepeng Li <kepeng.lkp@alibaba-inc.com <mailto:kepeng.lkp@alibaba-inc.com>> wrote:

>> 2. Privacy review request from Web Applications Security WG concerning
>> Subresource Integrity [1]
>
> It seems that there are no privacy considerations in this document.
>
> Should we add something?

There is a Security Considerations section that is likely relevant to the things we typically review:

http://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/subresourceintegrity/#security-considerations-1 <http://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/subresourceintegrity/#security-considerations-1>

For example, cross-origin data leakage is one of the considerations there. I wonder if authors should typically write these as "Security and Privacy Considerations" since they so often overlap.

npd