Re: Private User Agent Community Group Proposed

On Wednesday 19 September 2012 17:16:35 Fred Andrews wrote:
> The goals of PING and the Private User Agent Community Group (PUA)
> are quite different and they measure success and will be run in
> different ways so I would prefer to keep them separate.

If you want to go beyond mere blocking and security tools, you need
a lot of real privacy wisdom and experience. Many people with this
experience read this mailing-list. I don't know how many of those
will move to the Community Group. It is difficult to make web
developers talk to privacy people and vice versa. PING is quite good
in that respect and overcomes some of it. A dev-only corner will be
cozy but perhaps not as informed.

To do efficient privacy, you also need to take legal requirements in
most non-US countries into account. They are reading this list too.

I don't want to discourage the PUA CG, but it should regularly
present here what they are doing and gather for further input. This
will help avoid the repeating unfruitful attempts because the
slightly wrong direction was taken.

Best,

Rigo