Re: do not track list?

Le 15 nov. 2010 à 09:02, Rigo Wenning a écrit :
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/business/media/10privacy.html?pagewanted=all&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=a26
>
> there is a suggestion to have "do not tracking" lists following
> the example of the "do not call" lists. They imagine a browser
> button or a button on the page.

That can't work with many companies not being liable.

It's not exactly like phone. In the phone business, the caller is more identifiable than with the spam. I would say the issue looks a lot more like advertisement in your physical mailbox. Do not put papers into my box… but people do anyway.

With phone also, it is more expensive in time and money to call someone for selling something.

99% of the spams I receive is illegitimate.
On the 1% remaining (be friends, responsible commercial entities, …) a simple mail or even better a blocking rule is quicker and more effective.

*Unfortunately*

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/