RE: Planning to close Print and Page Layout Community Group due to inactivity unless we hear from you

Sorry but in my opinion delivered to you as a software vendor and as a person who has sat on SGML, DSSSL and other committees (not just some random comment) you encapsulated most everything here, broken down:

"document how to migrate from XSL-FO to CSS, even though XSL-FO is still actively used"

Why? That is already convoluted in its statement ... which is essentially "Document how to move to something else even when the original solution is used"
Used widely I would note, probably at 10,000 companies or more.

Then:

"and even though the CSS WG isn't really able to do page stuff"

Ok. So what you want to do is "Document moving from something that works to something that doesn’t work and may/likely never will"
And IMHO, it never will because they do not care (and frankly they shouldn't because they worry about what it looks like to you in a browser, they could care less about a printed page. Just hit the print button!"

The entire concept was doomed to failure in my opinion and now it has reached that place.
I do understand that people are thinking web = print or whatever, CSS is easier than XSL FO or whatever ... but the original attempt to slam the two together was a mistake in the first place.

You want to do something?
Do XSL FO and enhance it.
Stop trying to grab the coattails of CSS and think that will work.

Kevin Brown
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing RenderX, Inc.
(650) 327-1000 Direct
(650) 328-8008 Fax
(925) 395-1772 Mobile
skype:kbrown01