RE: PDF annotations

On Wed, March 5, 2014 7:59 pm, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2014-03-05 Innovimax W3C wrote:
>> > On Tue, Mar 4, 2014, Jan Tosovsky <jan.tosovsky.cz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > in my use case I need to place PDF annotations (stored in the
>> > source XML) on specific places (IDs) within the final PDF files.
>> > It can be done, but it requires some pre- and post-processing steps
>> > utilizing non-XML tools.
> Ok, I've made a brief proposal here:
> https://www.w3.org/community/ppl/wiki/PDF_Annotations
>
> I haven't dealt much with non-text annotation types yet.

Thanks for that.  I've never had to do PDF annotations as you describe, so
I'm starting from behind in understanding your example.

1. The namespace URI used with the current XSLT extensions is
"http://www.w3.org/community/ppl/ns/"

2. getX() and getY() are built-in in what?

3. What about block-width() and block-height()?  Are they also built-in?

4. Most of the compound-word attribute names contain '-', but you also
have 'namedDestination'.

5. Is it too late in the processing to be able to do things based on the
writing mode or text direction of the FOs?  What would change if the
document was in a right-to-left script?  Does the X-direction flip on
right-to-left pages?

6. What happens if the reference orientation changes on individual FOs?

Regards,

Tony.

Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming