Re: XML Prague 2014 and XML London 2014 both have ' Publishing' topic/theme

On Mon, January 6, 2014 9:14 pm, Kai Weber wrote:
> Od: Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net>
> "On Mon, January 6, 2014 8:28 pm, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>> On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 20:23 +0000, Tony Graham wrote:
>> [...]
>>> It's difficult to find the calls for participation for past
>>> conferences,
>>> but IME it's been rare to have publishing as an explicit topic/theme
>>> for
>>> an XML conference in recent years, and possibly unprecedented for it to
>>> be
>>> a topic/theme for two in the same year.
>> I'd say that MarkupForum has had that theme for a while; I don't know
>> about XML London or XML Amsterdam, they aren't really on my radar
>> (should they be, I wonder?)
>
> Seems it's not just politics that's local, it's also XML conferences. I
> haven't paid much attention to MarkupForum [1], mostly because I don't
> speak German, so I wasn't considering it.
> "
> Probably it's worth to learn German in order to be able to attend the <
> MarkupForum/>, it's worth it ;-)

Quite possibly.  I've been to Germany for the Tekom conference, which is
strong on publishing-like topics but short on XML, but I could do that
only because alongside the German-language conference they also run an
English-language conference for us language-impaired types.

Regards,

Tony.