Re: DotNet Implementation für AHF 6.1 available

On Tue, February 25, 2014 10:43 am, practice innovation wrote:
> I just implemented XSLT Area Trea Extension in DotNet 4.0 for Antenna
> House
> Formatter 6.1.

Thanks, again, for that.

> I extended ppl-extension.xsl to support Microsoft’s XSLT processor.
>
> The executable and all dependencies can be found here
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ppl/file/81909bfe31f6/FOPRunXSLTExt/bin.

In principle, it's probably not a good idea to put too many binary files,
and versions thereof, into the repository since everybody who has an
up-to-date clone of the repository is going to end up with every version
of every binary file in their clone, too.

In practice, the files are small, and there probably won't be enough
people cloning the repository for it to become a widespread problem.

> Sample bat-files are located in examples directory.
>
> How to get it run, to recompile or to integrate in your DotNet projects is
> described here:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ppl/file/81909bfe31f6/FOPRunXSLTExt/bin/README

BTW, the current page about the extensions is
https://www.w3.org/community/ppl/wiki/XSLTExtensions

At least one of your READMEs should be updated to use that URL, but do you
also think you'd have time to update that page about the DotNet
implementation?

> The XSLT processor is based on DotNet’s
> System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.
> So, except AHF, there are no other dependencies than DotNet4.0.

As I said off-list, I don't have the capability to compile it.  Would
'Visual Studio Express for Windows Desktop' be able to do it?

> As only Example1 works with an XSLT1 processors, that’s the only example
> that works at the moment. Would be glad if anyone likes to give an XSLT1
> support to the other examples, too.

Any takers?

> Currently AHF is the only FO processor which is support in the DotNet
> implementation.
>
> If anyone has any hints how to integrate jar files into dotnet in an easy
> way, I’ll do the FOP extension, too.

A search on 'fop .net' [2] turned up a surprising (to me) number of pages
about C# and .NET ports, so it may even be possible.

> Hope you’ll like that and let me know if there are any issues which should
> be solved.

I'd need to get to the point of being able to build it, first.

I'm thinking of advising the Antenna House and fop-dev lists that these
things exist, even if they're not beautifully packaged yet, since if we
wait until it's all polished, stable, and consistent across every
XSLT--XSL-FO combination, we might never get to the point of formally
announcing it.

Regards,

Tony.

Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.visualstudio.com/en-US/products/visual-studio-express-vs
[2] https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fop+.net