Re: ETA on XSLT for POWDER to POWDER-S

Hmmm... this is interesting.

The XSLT engine I'll use in my (Perl) POWDER Processor is XML::LibXSLT
[1] - which, a bit of poking around, suggests only implements XSLT 1
(I'm not 100% sure but it looks that way). It would be pretty easy to
use Perl techniques to apply the Reg Ex transforms to a POWDER doc in
Perl without using XSLT but, as Toby says, it's the transformation to
POWDER-S where we need the heavy lifting.

Also, note that the XSLT is not normative, it's a (very) handy tool.
Furthermore, there is no _requirement_ to use the template regular
expressions - in situations where milliseconds count there will probably
be better ways.

All of which leads me to conclude that an XSLT that goes from
POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S just using XSLT 1 might actually be preferable
to one that handles POWDER to POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S if that entails
using XSLT 2. It's certainly workable and I for one will probably find
it easier to implement.

Phil.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~pajas/XML-LibXSLT-1.66/LibXSLT.pm