Re: ETA on XSLT for POWDER to POWDER-S

On 3 Oct 2008, at 10:12, Smith, Kevin, ((R&D)) VF-Group wrote:

> Good question -  I had started in XSLT 1.0 but changed to XSLT 2.0 to
> utilise the replace() function: the part I was having trouble with was
> to ensure that a host, e.g.

As I understand it (and I may be wrong), there are three flavours of
POWDER:

* POWDER, the easy-to-author XML format.
* POWDER-BASE, identical to above, but with all the matching stuff
compiled into regexps.
* POWDER-S, the RDF version.

Going from POWDER to POWDER-BASE or to POWDER-S may be difficult
without the string processing ability of XSLT 2.0. But going from
POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S should be more achievable with XSLT 1.0, as
the regular expressions shouldn't need any changes.

Personably I'd be happy enough with a POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S
transformation in XSLT 1.0. I could hanndle POWDER to POWDER-BASE as
a pre-transformation step.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>