Re: PROPOSED RESOLUTION: use dcterms for the maker element and rename to creator

+1 from me too.

The only issue I see here is that, this way, DR authors should use
dcterms:Agent instead of foaf:Person / foaf:Organization in their RDF
(FOAF?) /profile/ (i.e., the set of RDF statements describing the DR
author). And foaf:Person / foaf:Organization are more "popular" than
dcterms:Agent, as far as I know. And it may be often the case that a DR
author already has a FOAF profile to pointing to: should he/she modify it?

Probably this will be fixed in the future. According to their formal
definition, between foaf:Agent (and its subclasses) and dcterms:Agent
there does not exist any subClassOf / equivalentClass relationship.
However, they look pretty similar - at least based on their NL definition:
- foaf:Agent: "An agent (eg. person, group, software or physical
artifact)." [1]
- dcterms:Agent: "A resource that acts or has the power to act. Examples
of Agent include person, organization, and software agent." [2]

If I'm not mistaken, this may correspond to one of the foaf<->dcterms
mappings that Dan mentioned in his mail [3].

Andrea

[1]http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_Agent
[2]http://dublincore.org/usage/terms/history/#Agent-001
[3]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2008Jul/0029.html