Re: PROPOSED RESOLUTION: use dcterms for the maker element and rename to creator

There's another consequence of this I've just realised (I'm searching
and replacing...). The current specs point to foaf:depiction as the way
to associate a logo with a DR. Alan uses foaf:logo in his Euracert
vocabulary file [1] (which is better I think than depiction here) but
losing FOAF from POWDER, at least at the normative level, means we may
need to create our own logo property.

DC doesn't have a 'logo' property. The nearest is has is description [2]
which we use for our textual summary but in fact, DC says it can be an
image as well. To use that would mean we'd have something like

<dc:description>Text here...</dcterms:description>
<dc:description rdf:resource="http://image.example.org/thing.png" />

And then maybe

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://image.example.org/thing.png" />
   <dcterms:type>image/png</dcterms:type>
<rdf:Description>

Yuk.

The simple solutions that I can think of are:

1. Define our own POWDER-S term wdrs:logo to which <displayicon> maps
2. Leave this out altogether so people can chose their own property. The
downside of this is that User Agents may be looking for a specific
property to get a logo to display - hence I'm for option 1.

Phil.

[1]
http://www.euracert.org/rdfs/vocabularyv01
[2] http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-description