Fwd: ISSUE-31 (establishing-relationships): How do we establish a relative relationship between two points?

This has to be solved after we have a way to give POIs unique ids.

Assuming the IDs are URIs I think the simplistic method is just to
have a "RelativeTo" field that takes Uri.
If that field is specified then the co-ordinates of its position are
considered to be relative to that parent Uri.

The only issue I see here is that of scale, if the parent URI is
positioned with a form lat/long, its almost certainly more usefull for
anything positioned relative to it to be positioned in meters. (or
another much smaller scale).

In this way you can position a buildings POI earth-relative with
lat/long/alt, but then position items on the building relative to it
in meters x/y/z.
As we should be allowing different co-ordinate systems anyway, Id
suggest simply having different defaults when a parent poi has been
specified.