Re: Proposal: The "POI as a simple collection of links" data model

I think seeing  POIs as fundamentally link based is certainly the way
to go. We talked at some point of "physical hyperlinks" and its always
stuck in my head as that.

I also agree it should be serialisable as Triples/RDF/N3 if desired -
as this gives lots of flexibility for deployment methods (Ive always
been rather skeptically of html5 being the primary way it will be
adopted).
But to be able to guaranty storage in "flat" forms like that we must
exclude any xml hierarchy's for anything other then deployment
specific optimisation.

I also generally think location will be dealt with inline most of the
time, and content and description as links, but keeping it flexible
enough to handle other things inline is a good idea.

-Thomas

~~~~~~
Reviews of anything, by anyone;
www.rateoholic.co.uk
Please try out my new site and give feedback :)