Re: Proposal: The "POI as a simple collection of links" data model

From: Rob Manson <roBman@mob-labs.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 13:47:24 +1000
To: "public-poiwg@w3.org" <public-poiwg@w3.org>
Hi Karl,

if we aim to make this standard work within html5 then you're absolutely
right.

However, if it's targeting other types of browsers and other contexts
then I think there is some merit in being able to serialise the payload
of a link (the bit between the >*< ) while still identifying it's
canonical source (href=canonical_source).  It is definitely a logical
possibility.

And if the standard supported this but did not require it then html5
compatibility could still be maintained too (maybe as a profile).

roBman