Re: Anyone talked to Microsoft / bing maps / Blaise Aguera y Arcas re draft POI WG?

On 7 Sep 2010, at 17:33, Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> If you are aware, can you please share with us the status of the draft WG charter?
>
> There has not, to my knowledge, been any information on this list on the topic since early August. If there was a post, perhaps it is in the list archives but I didn't find it.

I have no privileged knowledge here, beyond the obvious - that the draft was circulated to the W3C and wider Web communities and that the W3C team are collecting and considering feedback. This can be a slow time of year, with many in 'just back from vacation' catchup mode. I think it's a good time to be seeking wider input on the charter draft (eg. browser people, search engines, ...), as well as getting hands dirty with prototypes and interop experiments.

Maybe Matt can comment further from the w3t perspective?

Cheers,

Dan