new Linked Data from UK Ordnance Survey

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:58:36 +0200
To: public-poiwg@w3.org
Cc: John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>
It seems http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ just got some updates...

Blogged by John Goodwin here,
http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/location-location-location-%E2%80%93-exploring-ordnance-survey-linked-data-part-2/

"Ordnance Survey have now released an update to their linked data,
which can be seen here. The new data now includes postcode information
as well as a few changes to the administrative geography data. In this
post Iíll go through whatís in the data, and give a few sample SPARQL
queries."

(SPARQL is an SQL-ish query language for querying databases composed
of RDF statements)

See also last year's
http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/location-location-location-exploring-ordnance-survey-linked-data/

Also yesterday's "So what can I do with the new Ordnance Survey Linked Data?"
http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/so-what-can-i-do-with-the-new-ordnance-survey-linked-data/

"In a previous post I wrote up some of the features of the new
Ordnance Survey Linked Data. In this blog post I want to run through a
concrete example of the sort of thing you can build using this linked
data"

The folk at Talis also have a writeup,
http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/2010/10/linked-data-coming-together.php

cheers,