Re: Representing time-dependent objects in POI data model

From: Jens de Smit <jens.desmit@surfnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:29:12 +0100
To: Sara-Jayne Farmer <sara-jayne.farmer@envitia.com>
CC: public-poiwg@w3.org
Hi Sara,

On 01/11/2010 12:45, Sara-Jayne Farmer wrote:
> I can't get onto the POI wiki, so can I make a request please?  Many of the points of interest I deal with (in transport and crisismapping) are temporary or moving - for instance, a refugee camp may only exist for a few days or weeks.   Can we consider adding a time field to the POI data model, e.g. "date created", "date updated" to cover these please?

Good suggestion. This topic has actually come up in earlier (and
probably already long forgotten) conversations. I've added a note to the
data model page that this requires discussion but should not be
forgotten. I'll also add this use case to the use cases page [1].

> My apologies if this question seems na´ve - I'm new round here, and just starting to feel my way around.

Read some of the conversations in the archive [2] and perhaps the call
meetings [3].

About the wiki editing: editing is only open to WG members. Are you a
member?

Regards,

Jens

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Use_Cases