Re: Representing time-dependent objects in POI data model

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:28:55 +0100
To: Sara-Jayne Farmer <sara-jayne.farmer@envitia.com>
Cc: public-poiwg@w3.org, Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Sara-Jayne Farmer
<sara-jayne.farmer@envitia.com> wrote:
> I can't get onto the POI wiki, so can I make a request please?  Many of the points of interest I deal with (in transport and crisismapping) are temporary or moving - for instance, a refugee camp may only exist for a few days or weeks.   Can we consider adding a time field to the POI data model, e.g. "date created", "date updated" to cover these please?

I've added something on this to
http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Data_Model#POI_Administrative_metadata

...but on re-reading your message, I see it could either be the record
was created/updated, or the 'refugee camp' was created. I added a
section for the former but not the latter yet. Were you thinking more
about administrative metadata, or about dates for short-lived spatial
things?

cheers,

Dan