Pointer Events WG call 22 July

Hi all,

Topic: Pointer Events
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, UTC-05:00)

For call details (webex address, meeting number, password), see

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-pointer-events/2019Apr/0000.html

IRC: #pointerevents
http://irc.w3.org/

Topics to discuss:

- Changing the DOM hierarchy while handling a "pointerenter" event
produces significantly different results across browsers
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/285

- touch-action and scrolling directional lock
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/303

- The behavior of `touch-action: none` on <iframe> is unclear
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/325

- Add logical dimension values for touch-action property, since logical
is/has shipped
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/272

There's still a bunch of quite old issues that we may want to have at
least an initial think about as well...suggest having a rummage through
https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues?page=2&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen
and see if there's anything that is either a low-hanging fruit or
something we think may be out of scope.

On 14/07/2020 18:39, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with over a week's warning, just wanted to get the next call in the
> calendar and give us time to have a look at things. As ever, life has
> gotten in the way of making progress on this from my side, but things
> are hopefully quieting down a bit again (part of this was a change in
> job/affiliation, as you may have seen from my latest PR).
>
> I think we have a chunk of issues that it would be good to tackle.
> Personally, I'd suggest starting with these
> https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/created_by/graouts as they
> affect WebKit implementation, and to see if we can clear some of the
> really old issues hanging around at the other end in
> https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues?page=2&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen
>
> Is next week Wednesday good for everybody to meet?
>
> Thanks,

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux