Re: Open issues on Pointer Events - some triage needed

On 02/28/2018 05:26 AM, Navid Zolghadr wrote:
> If I recall the last call correctly we went over the issues once and marked all blocking ones and apparently addressed them all. But it doesn't hurt
> to go through them again and make sure we are still okay with addressing the rest in the next versions or if there is anything we want to fix for v2.
>
> Aside from the spec issues I remember we need 2 passing implementations for each test to move the spec to recommendation. Patrick, is that still the
> case? I took some time to fix a few of our latest bugs and updated the test results for Chrome 66here <https://github.com/w3c/test-results/pull/149>.
> There are stillsome tests <https://rawgit.com/NavidZ/test-results/afd4c908535310e1b1ed422e184ffe1742ad72a2/pointerevents/less-than-2.html>that have
> less than 2 implementation passing.
>
>   * */pointerevents/extension/**: we can ignore these as they will be for V3 of pointerevents or something like that
>   * *tangentialPressure*and*twist*are the fields that we added in Chrome but based on the test results they are not still in FF and Edge.
>   * touch-action values like*pan-**are added in Chrome but not in FF or Edge based on the test results.
>   * */pointerevents/pointerevent_click_during_capture-manual.html:* This was something we agreed on some behavior inthis issue
>     <https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/75>. But when I changed Chrome to that there were some websites not behaving correctly. There is no
>     explicit text around this in pointerevents and the behavior we agreed on was just a deduction based on ui events and pointerevents interaction.
>     Also different browsers apparently do different things here. I suggest we can skip this test and the corresponding issue to investigate the compat
>     issues over time. What do you think?
>

> And most of the other tests I believe are missing the results from other vendors assuming I haven't missed anything else.
>
> Olli, what do you think about the tangentalPressure and twist as well as pan-* touch actions in FF? Will you be able to add them to FF or should we
> push them to the extension?

It will take a bit time before getting them to Gecko. If we're hurry with v2 for whatever reason, pushing them to an extension is probably ok.

  Can you get the latest results for FF in that repository so it is easier to catch what's missing there and maybe discuss