Re: [pointerevents] Add OS image dragging to non-normative reasons for pointercancel

From: Navid Zolghadr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 16:21:21 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
I don't have any scenario in mind for expecting both capture and DnD at the same time. Also I don't have any strong feeling either way regarding priority of capture over drag or vice versa. The only thing I have for having drag taking priority over capture is the fact that currently Edge does that. So we just followed what we did for pointerlock in issue #194 .

Instead, we can have:
- `pointercancel` will be dispatched immediately before `dragstart`.
- If there was a pointer capture in place drag operation never starts (i.e. `dragstart` is never dispatched)

What do you think @patrickkettner as you lgtmed the issue #194 having other way around.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NavidZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/205#issuecomment-301835774 using your GitHub account