Re: [pointerevents] offsetX/offsetY is confusing for GetCoalescedEvents

From: Navid Zolghadr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 16:51:41 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
That's correct. At the time we didn't have any use case in mind and we set the target to null to indicate we do not do hit-testing for those events. That bug seems a valid use case. Just one thing that we need to make sure it is clear that we don't hit-test those events. For example in that case offsetX/Y could be negative for those coalesced events as well which essentially means the events are outside of the target and could be unexpected for some apps.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NavidZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/209#issuecomment-301128946 using your GitHub account