Re: [pointerevents] Enable direct pen and touch to have different touch-action behavior

From: Arthur Stolyar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:48:13 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
> its solving a completely different problem.

I didn't mean it solves this problem. I mean that `pointer-type` media query could be started used instead of `pointer` media query and the idea of `pointer` media query was to abstract types from concrete, like `touch`. But yes, `pointer` media query is unrelated to the problem in this issue. I'm just worried about its future.

> thats not a problem? you can do that today

Sorry, I don't get. Having element background property set to `red` and `blue` doesn't make it having red and blue at the same time. Same with `pointer-type`. I doubt that someone will be scrolling and drawing at the same time though.

On the whole document then because @media query are global (unless shadow dom?) to the document (just correction, not that I disagree here).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NekR
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/203#issuecomment-300333274 using your GitHub account