Re: [pointerevents] Click event while a pointer event is captured

From: patrick kettner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:53:44 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
So the reason for our implementation was around the expected behavior for click interactions with buttons. If you click without releasing on an intractable element (e.g. button, anchors,etc), then drag off and release, the button does not trigger a click event. We can obviously special case for the literal &lt;button&gt;, elements, but we get into weird behavior when you are dealing with sites that have created their own links/buttons via divsoup

--
GitHub Notification of comment by patrickkettner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/75#issuecomment-293718607 using your GitHub account