RE: [pointerevents] pointerType: 'dial'

From: Ted Dinklocker <Ted.Dinklocker@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 00:19:17 +0000
To: Ted Dinklocker <Ted.Dinklocker@microsoft.com>, Patrick H.Lauke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
The dial was designed to be a companion input device, not necessarily the only input device available.
That being said, since the dial would have a location on the screen when the device is placed on the screen, it could be used for something like selection even if that wasn't the primary scenario for the device. I guess we would think of it similarly to a basic pen since it has direct screen contact.