Re: [pointerevents] pointerType: 'dial'

From: lpd-au via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 09:32:27 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
> it should be primary if it's the first `dial` type pointer. primary
doesn't mean "primary input mechanism". a `pen`, `mouse`, `touch` can
also be primary at the same time.

I understand, but this presents two potential negative implications:
* The dial may produce compatibility mouse events.
* Contrary to the note in the spec, "Authors who desire single-pointer
 interaction can **not** achieve this by ignoring non-primary
pointers," because the dial is inherently not supposed to be used as a
 standalone single-pointer.

In my opinion there needs to be some distinction between preferred
hand inputs (`mouse`, `touch` and `pen`) and non-preferred hand inputs
 (`dial`).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lpd-au
Please view or discuss this issue at