Re: [pointerevents] Issue with compatibility mouse events and inconsistency with mouse pointerevent

From: Mustaq Ahmed via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:23:28 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
While waiting for more informed comments on the impact on developers,
here are my two cents.

So far we have seen two possible solutions here:
**Solution A** Maintain strict 1:1 mapping between pointer & legacy
mouse events, but break the enter/leave/over/out consistency within
legacy mouse events (as in @teddink's event sequence above).
**Solution B** Make legacy mouse events consistent among themselves
even in a multipointer environment, but break the strict 1:1 mapping
between pointer & legacy mouse events (as in @navidzolghadr's event
sequence above).

IMHO Solution B is better because it breaks only a _suggestion_ in
PointerEvent spec regarding "cross-spec" event sequences. On the other
 hand, Solution A breaks a behavior in an old spec which we may have
to support forever (?).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mustaqahmed
Please view or discuss this issue at