Re: [pointerevents] Issue with compatibility mouse events and inconsistency with mouse pointerevent

From: Navid Zolghadr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:40:31 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
I agree with you Patrick. But in this spec we did mention
mouseover/enter/out/leave events explicitly to be fired after
corresponding pointer events. If you agree firing these events may
already cause some inconsistency in the mouse event stream and to make
 them consistent we need more effort how about not mentioning those
events in this spec at all.

Looking at this section:
https://www.w3.org/TR/pointerevents/#compatibility-mapping-with-mouse-events

the suggested solution has the problem we talked about in this issue.
Although I can see it mentions that this way of sending compat mouse
events are optional and agents can choose a way of sending compat
mouse events that is has most compatibility but maybe not mentioning
the solution can open future avenues to have a better compat mouse
events definition in some other spec or something.

Also I was wondering if you are aware of any developers that depend on
 the suggested solution in the spec (i.e. the mouse/pointer events in
that sequence) when they run on Edge.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by navidzolghadr
Please view or discuss this issue at