Re: [pointerevents] Touch-action doesn't permit direction-specific scroll AND pinch-zoom

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:05:08 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
@jacobrossi / @teddink I think this is ultimately a question for you.
  I think it's important for accessibility that we add something here.
  Ideally I'd rather just match what Edge has already shipped:
'pinch-zoom`, even just as a token which we define using the more
general spec language about "continuous zooming".  But if using that
token is a scope issue and Edge is willing to ship a 2nd token with
the same implementation, then I'm fine with either the simple (but
possibly confusing) `zoom` or the more specific (but probably still
confusing) `continuous-zoom`.

Alternately, we could perhaps say that "continuous zooming" is enabled
 if-and-only-if panning in at least one direction is enabled.  Off the
 top of my head I can't think of any real-world scenarios where you'd
want to disable continuous zoom without also disabling panning in all
directions.  But this is a breaking change, so probably better to be
avoided.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RByers
Please view or discuss this issue at