Re: [pointerevents] Touch-action doesn't permit direction-specific scroll AND pinch-zoom

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 04:58:02 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Here's an idea for a term that is both highly descriptive yet refers
only to the effect (not the input): "Positioned Incrementally and
Naturally Continuously Handled zoom".  This is obviously too long for
a CSS token, so we'd abbreviate it `pinch-zoom`.  Oh, look at that,
Edge already shipped this name, that's a happy coincidence!

Seriously, inventing a new token that's more confusing to developers
than the identical feature  already shipped elsewhere is dumb.  I'm
just going to argue for shipping `pinch-zoom` in blink as a defacto
standard, even if it's not in the official spec.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RByers
Please view or discuss this issue at