Re: [pointerevents] Value of button attribute for pointermove event

From: smaug---- via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 01:41:52 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
it is fired for those changes, but those keep the changed value in the
 events fired after the change. Those properties represent a part of
the state in which the pointer is.
.button is (assuming we have -1 after the initial event) this unusual
property that it doesn't indicate any state. It just tells if there
was a change since the previous event.

When .buttons was added to mouseevents it was supposed to be the
.button as .button should have been since the beginning.

But as I said, I can live with .button being weird thing, since it has
 been broken anyhow forever for mouseevents (value 0 handling for left
 button)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smaug----
Please view or discuss this issue at