Re: [pointerevents] Value of button attribute for pointermove event

From: Marius Stefan Bethge via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:09:04 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
I have mulled it over some more and I feel like I now fully grasp the
implications of this line:
> [...]. In order to facilitate differentiating button state
transitions in any pointer event (and not just pointerdown and
pointerup), the button property takes on a new value when no mouse
buttons are depressed: [...]

Iiuc, since chorded button interactions do not trigger `pointerdown`
and `pointerup` events, a pointerevent `e` with `e.button > -1` would
be the only way to identify a button state transition (without using
external state).
When mirroring `mousemove`, I cannot see a way to tell apart a button
state transition from a change in position.

Edge's behaviour would make it a lot easier to only trigger a function
 if the (chorded) button state changes.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bethge
Please view or discuss this issue at