Re: Hover click with pointer events

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Tim Dresser <tdresser@google.com> wrote:

> Rick, this <https://w3c.github.io/pointerevents/> version of the spec
> does define a button value for "eraser".

Whoops, how did I miss that?  I swear I did "find in page".  Oh well.

I'm in favor of allowing the 'buttons' state to change while hovering. If
> we were starting from scratch, I think viewing pointer contact as another
> value in the 'buttons' bitfield would make the most sense. Since the
> 'buttons' value '0' currently indicates contact, we can't easily take that
> route at this point.

Remember that we want device-agnostic code to "just work" to re-using
button=0 to mean "primary activation" for all input devices is a good thing
IMHO.

 I'd be fine with forcing developers to listen for pointerup/pointerdown