Re: [pointerevents] Value of button in a chorded pointerdown event

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:10:33 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
I know there was some debate over whether it was OK to a add new
(negative) value to button, I'll try to dig up the references.

As for what should happen, it looks like IE updates 'button' to
indicate the most recent button change (eg. on chorded button press,
there's a pointermove event with button representing the new button
being pressed).

The [MouseEvent spec
says](http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#widl-MouseEvent-buttons):
 "Note: The value of button is not updated for events not caused by
the depression/release of a mouse button."

I don't have a strong opinion - I think speccing IE's existing
behavior is probably fine.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by RByers
See