Re: Pointer Events pull requests

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:39:24 -0400
To: Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
On 4/16/15 6:17 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
> I assume like for TECG we want one of the editors to approve pull
> requests, right?

If you mean for PRs from non-Editors, then yes, that seems like a good
workflow. (I *think* we want Editors to continue to follow the "edit
first, review later" work mode so I don't think a review is needed if an
Editor submits a PR.)

> Looks like we don't yet have the automatic notification setup to IRC
> (or the list?).

Notification of all GH activity is now sent to the p-p-e list but I
think you are correct that gitbot isn't configured for the
w3c/pointerevents repo and the #pointerevents channel. I'd like to see
gitbot be used on #pointerevents but I don't know how (although I just
submitted a related Issue <https://github.com/w3c/using-github/issues/14>).

Does anyone recall who configured gitbot for the #touchevents channel or
what needs to be done to get that bot running in #pointerevents?

> Before I make other changes, I think we should be normalizing line
> endings.  Any objections?

No strong preference here (other than to follow the `the most common
convention`).

-Thanks, AB