Re: iOS 8's new "slow tap" heuristic

Thanks Patrick!  I confirm I see the same thing.  Apparently I missed this
in my own testing of the beta build (too bad, I know they were eager for
feedback on any issues).

The heuristic is an interesting one.  I wonder how well 150ms discriminates
between taps in practice.  We don't have great data on this, but we do know
that about half of all single-finger gestures on Chrome complete in <150ms
- so that suggests this isn't going to be a big help to addressing the
click delay problem on it's own.

The bug with touchend disposition being ignored is aweful!  The old Android
browser used to ignore touchend dispositions and it was a huge source of
pain.  Hopefully this is something they can fix quickly, it'll be a real
pain to work around (probably exacerbate the problem of sites ignoring
mouse events when touch events are supported).  Please let us know when
you've filed the bug.

Rick