Re: Browsers, Developers and Pointer Events Meeting Notes

On 27/08/2014 22:57, Kris Borchers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The jQuery Foundation recently pulled together a meeting of representatives from IE, Chrome, Firefox, Dojo, IBM and the different jQuery project teams. We met to talk about Chrome’s decision to not implement Pointer Events, other browser thoughts and plans around Pointer Events and the future of Pointer Events from the point of view of library/framework maintainers and developers. Below are the notes from that meeting and they can also be viewed in this document https://docs.google.com/document/d/17BUdF-uSg_0CUwhyenaB5FZeob0HK9DcD85lC1sH6cA

Thanks for pulling together this meeting Kris (you may vaguely remember
me from the jQuery Europe conf in Vienna earlier this year, where I
presented on - no surprise there - touch and pointer events).  Good to
see some further rationale explanation and indications on steps forward
for PE, as up to recently I was left with the impression that after
sinking time and effort into working on the spec, it was given the kiss
of death.

Patrick H. Lauke