W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pointer-events@w3.org > July to September 2014

Draft minutes: 5 August 2014 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:44:18 -0400
Message-ID: <53E0FBD2.6080109@gmail.com>
To: "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the August 5 voice conference are available at 
the following and copied below:

<http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-pointer-events mail list before August 12. In the 
absence of any changes, these minutes will be considered approved.

-Thanks, ArtB

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  - DRAFT -


  Pointer Events WG Voice Conference


    05 Aug 2014

Agenda 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014JulSep/0041.html>

See also:IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Art_Barstow, Jacob_Rossi, Asir_Vedamuthu, Matt_Brubeck,
    Doug_Schepers, Scott_Gonzαlez
Regrets
    Patrick_Lauke, Rick_Byers, Cathy_Chan
Chair
    ArtB
Scribe
    ArtB


    Contents

  * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#agenda>
     1. Tweak agenda
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#item01>
     2. Open Pull Requests
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#item02>
     3. Test assertion data
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#item03>
     4. Assertions needing test cases
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#item04>
     5. AoB <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#item05>
  * Summary of Action Items
    <http://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

<scribe> Scribe: ArtB

<scott_gonzalez> Is the call choppy for anyone else?

<jrossi> me too

<Asir> Choppy - yes

<Asir> Better now

<smaug_> skype issues here


      Tweak agenda

AB:I posted a draft agenda 
yesterdayhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014JulSep/0041.html

<scott_gonzalez> Asir, I think you might need to mute.

… any change requests?

[ None ]

<Asir> Very choppy

<smaug_> that is me


      Open Pull Requests

AB:we have 3 PRs that are open so I would like to understand the status 
and plans to complete (merge) them
... PR-1119; 9.1.1 pen restriction and 14.1 update according to 
spec;https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1119
... PR-1121; SVG touch-action 
tests;https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1121
... PR-1124; Updates and new tests for TAs 2.4.1, 3.6, 3.6.1, 4.3, 
4.3.1; https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1124
... any status on 1119?

… we need review?

JR:yes

AB:who can commit to reviewing 1119?

MB:I'll do it today

AV:very simple

<scribe>*ACTION:*Matt review PR 1119 and Merge if it is OK [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Review pr 1119 and merge if it is ok [on 
Matt Brubeck - due 2014-08-12].

AB:what about 1121?

MB:this is also waiting for review

JR:it's a new test

… tests touch-action with SVG elements

… slightly diff than other touch-action tests

… uses a button that can be tapped

… otherwise pretty straight forward

AB:any volunteers?

… Doug, you're Mr. SVG

DS:oh, right

<scribe>*ACTION:*doug review PR 1121 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - Review pr 1121 [on Doug Schepers - due 
2014-08-12].

AV:if Doug is ok with the test, may he merge it?

AB:yes, I think that is appropriate
... so what about 1124?

MB:Sangwhan reviewed it and submitted comments

… he is discussing with Cathy

JR:I need to catch up on the related email between Cathy and Sangwhan

<mbrubeck> Discussion 
athttps://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/r/2175andhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014JulSep/0044.html

AB:ok, then let's wait for the discussion to continue

JR:looks like Artem will need to make a few changes

AB:ok, thanks all


      Test assertion data

AB:TA wiki has a couple of entries that I'd some 
clarificationhttps://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions
... PR-1112 entries: why are the related assertions for this merged PR 
marked Yellow?https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1112
... PR-1113 entries: why are the related assertions for this merged PR 
marked Yellow?https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1113

SG:the wiki hadn't been updated yet

AV:I use yellow when something is not yet approved and merged

… if there is no test case, I used Red

AB:ok, let me take a look at 1112 and 1113

… I now see those entries are Green

AV:All - after you review and merge, please mark the TAs as Greeen

… this TA table should be in Github

… that would help keep them in sync

JR:probably too late for this spec

AB:that's an excellent idea


      Assertions needing test cases

AB:we have some assertions that need test case and that means we need 
some volunteer(s)
... 5.3 ("Microsoft will 
submit");https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_pointermove_events
... 
11.3;https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_lostpointercapture_events
... 
13.4;https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_setPointerCapture
... 15.{11,18,19,20} ("Microsoft will 
submit")https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_touch-action_CSS_property

AV:yes, a PR for 5.3 is on the way

AB:what about 11.3?

AV:Cathy added this TA

… we have no volunteer

JR:yes, this was added late

AB:any volunteers for 11.3?

JR:we need to change IE for 11.3

<scribe>*ACTION:*barstow make a call for a volunteer to create a test 
for TA 11.3 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Make a call for a volunteer to create a 
test for ta 11.3 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2014-08-12].

AB:what about 13.4?

AV:Cathy added this one late too

… in the future, we should start with Test Cases and then create the 
Test Assertions

<scribe>*ACTION:*barstow Make a call for a volunteer to create a test 
for TA 13.4 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Make a call for a volunteer to create a 
test for ta 13.4 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2014-08-12].

AB:what is the priority of have a test for 11.3 and 13.4?

… IOW, should tests for these two TAs block CR interop testing?

… not sure if we need to block CR testing for these two

JR:I tend to see these as edge cases

<Asir> These are edge cases

SG:not sure about how much of an edge case it is

JR:I don't think we implement 11.3 now but we will change

… that said, I haven't heard of confusion for that scenario

SG:if no one writes test case before I return online in 2 weeks, I can 
write the tests

AB:thanks Scott
... ... 15.{11,18,19,20} ("Microsoft will 
submit")https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_touch-action_CSS_property

AV:yes, a PR is on the way

AB:great, thanks
... what's the status of "To-be-added: Assertions for 
touch-*ACTION:*manipulation"https://www.w3.org/wiki/PointerEvents/TestAssertions#Test_Assertions_for_touch-action_CSS_property

AV:we are submitting related tests for 15.20 so I don't know what the 
last TA means

AB:who added it?

AV:I think Cathy did

AB:do you think your test for 15.20 will cover this?

AV:I can say that 15.20 will cover manipulation

JR:think we only need one real test

… for that feature

AB:so it sounds like Cathy should review 15.20 when it is available and 
let us know if there is still something related to manipulation that is 
needed

… sound about right?

<scribe>*ACTION:*Cathy review the test for 15.20 when it is available 
and let us know if it covers the high priority manipulation scenarios 
[recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-119 - Review the test for 15.20 when it is 
available and let us know if it covers the high priority manipulation 
scenarios [on Cathy Chan - due 2014-08-12].


      AoB

AB:anything else for today?
... not seeing a need ATM for a call next week so a call in 2 weeks is 
probably the earliest
... thanks everyone

… meeting adjourned


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]**ACTION:*barstow make a call for a volunteer to create a test for 
TA 11.3 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action03]
*[NEW]**ACTION:*barstow Make a call for a volunteer to create a test for 
TA 13.4 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action04]
*[NEW]**ACTION:*Cathy review the test for 15.20 when it is available and 
let us know if it covers the high priority manipulation scenarios 
[recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action05]
*[NEW]**ACTION:*doug review PR 1121 [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action02]
*[NEW]**ACTION:*Matt review PR 1119 and Merge if it is OK [recorded 
inhttp://www.w3.org/2014/08/05-pointerevents-minutes.html#action01]

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Tuesday, 5 August 2014 15:44:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:48:10 UTC